Summer Music Camp Menu
- Home Page
- Application, Fees, and Deadlines
- Camp Schedule
- Guidelines and Procedures
- Maps and Check-In
- Camp Documents (Students and Staff)
The University of Arkansas Summer Music Camp
is delighted to announce
our Guest Artists-in-Residence for 2018
Viridian Saxophone Quartet
Jr. High Band Camp – July 8-13, 2018
Sr. High Band Camp – July 15-20, 2018
Jr./Sr. High Orchestra Camp – July 15-20, 2018
What makes this camp special?
Our mission is to improve the performance skills and broaden the knowledge of individual musicians through a comprehensive curriculum designed for the varying ability levels of the participants.
- Specialists on every instrument
- Nationally recognized artists, teachers, and conductors
- Private lessons (additional cost)
- Comprehensive program including band, orchestra, stage band, and smaller ensembles
- Dedicated, experienced staff
- Well-equipped, comfortable facilities
- Six hours of instruction per day
- Performance in at least one large ensemble during camp
- Planned, supervised recreational activities are available during appropriate non-instructional times.
- Counselors, artist-teachers, and conductors are hand-picked from across the nation based on their musical skills and rapport with young people.
Participants must have been enrolled in school band, orchestra or private instruction during the 2017-2018 school year and must be recommended by their music instructors (indicated by signature on application).
- Jr. High campers are those completing grades 6-8 in spring 2018.
- Sr. High campers are those completing grades 9-12 in spring 2018.
- ALL string students will attend Orchestra Camp July 15-20, 2018.
W. Dale Warren
Professor of Music and Sr. Wind Band Conductor
University of Arkansas
McDonald Middle School, Garland, Texas
Laura Jean Otto
Elementary School Teacher
Balch Springs, Texas
Important Phone Numbers
- Camp Office (available July 8 – 20 only): 479-601-1763
- Music Camp Registration: 479-575-6491
- Maple Hill Dormitory: 479-718-2590
- University Operator: 479-575-2000
- Campus Police: 479-575-2222